> Home > What to visit > Palaces and Monuments


Visualizza sulla mappa

Villa Vistarenni Gaiole in Chianti

PALACES AND MONUMENTS

Villa Vistarenni

SUGGEST ADDITIONS OR CORRECTIONS
To receive more information on this site or to send corrections and additions to the subject complete the form below:










PHONE NUMBERS AND TIMES

Villa Vistarenni

Website: http://www.villavistarenni.com/ita/


Business card (vCard)


It was originally known as Fisterinne and with that name, do not know if it refers to a castle or a favorite summer resort, we find it mentioned for the first time on a map of Badia a Coltibuono dating back to 1033, in this act were drawn up in the castle of Montegrossi defined boundaries with San Donato in Perano.

In the fifteenth century was Fisterinne proprierÓ family Cecchini in Panzano. In 1621 he went to Giannozzo from Cepparello to end up in the next century the family Pianigiani, originating in Radda in Chianti and in that time is converted from the castle in Renaissance villa with courtyard, garden, mill and wine cellar. In 1852 the Villa stellar purchased by Ferdinando Strozzi, Senator of the Kingdom of Italy in 1860. In 1895, it is owned by Baron Giorgio Sonnino, brother of Sidney Sonnino and currently belongs to the family Tognana.

In the park there is a chapel dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene de 'Pazzi. The chapel has the date 1584 on the lintel and the following inscription: DOM TM MAGDALENA DE Pazzis OF A.D. MDLXXXIV. The chapel was used as a private family burial Sonnino. The mystery remains as to why it was named after Mary Magdalene de 'Pazzi.

STAY NEARBY

L'ULTIMO MULINO

GAIOLE IN CHIANTI

...

LE NOCI

GAIOLE IN CHIANTI

...

RELAIS SANTA CRISTINA

RADDA IN CHIANTI

...

DINING & ENTERTAINMENT NEARBY

Al Chiasso Dei Portici

RADDA IN CHIANTI

...

La Perla Del Palazzo

RADDA IN CHIANTI

...

Osteria Le Panzanelle

RADDA IN CHIANTI

...